March 25, 2009

Best Thrift Shop Buy Ever! Shabby Chic Vanity Table

$7 BARGAIN

It isn't a typo $7 is all I paid for this fabulous shabby chic vanity. I have been hunting around on ebay for one of these vanity tables but they have all been in the $100 mark. I decided to pop over to my favorite Secondhand Shop in the Whole World in Red Hill, Brisbane.

This table was just sitting in a corner, surrounded by some old bed heads and stained mattresses. I couldn't believe my luck when the Thrift Shop lady told me the price. It was clear we were a match made in heaven when it actually fit (once the legs were unscrewed in the backseat of my 30 year old Corolla).

I brought it home and gave it a very good scrubdown and have to say it is looking pretty good. I now have to decide whether to leave it as is very Shabby Chic style or sand it down and paint it white as it is more of a ivory/cream colour right now and there are plenty of rough edges.

Of course I am now going to be hunting for a mirror and a cute stool to go with it - what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING

THANKS FOR VISITING
Please sign up to receive future updates