April 8, 2009

Decorating for a Party Shabby Chic Style

BEFORE


AFTER


For my little sister's birthday I decided to try and create a shabby chic theme. This was inspired by my reading of Rachel Ashwell's books on shabby chic decorating for events at the time.

It was a last minute decision so I only had around two hours and the contents of my parents house to use but I think the end result really worked. Sheets, fabric, curtains, nic nacs were all used to create a scene that was just as shabby and pretty as I could have wished (except for freshcut roses - mum forbad me from borrowing some from the neighbour's garden). 

I will go into more detail on the different elements I used to create this setting in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING

THANKS FOR VISITING
Please sign up to receive future updates