April 13, 2009

Scrapbook Shabby Chic Style Framed French Picture

A couple of summers ago I was in Paris and fell in love with these posters of old vogue style advertisments. They all easy to get, they sell for 5euros in most of the tourist traps around Paris. The picture itself was a little small to put on the wall by itself, so I decided to use one of my scrapbook frames and make it a little more interesting.

I love old vintage floral wallpaper, and I collect scrapbook paper which has that kind of look. This faded pink floral is a perfect compliment for the french print. I cut the white border off and put it on the paper but kept it positioned off centre.

I used some vintage style wallies which I have had sitting around for ages. The style and colours really coordinated with the picture.


I used two medium sized 'letter' cut outs and a few flowers.

I must admit I don't love the stark white of the frame at the moment. I think I will try and find something with a warmer tone to complement the picture more.

However it absolutely does the job of coordinating with my new small size cushions I got a few weeks ago at a thrift shop for 50cents ea so I am pretty happy with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING

THANKS FOR VISITING
Please sign up to receive future updates