April 18, 2009

My Friend's Dad Had A Bad Accident

I just spent a long time in a hospital waiting room and I just have to say why can't they make some kind of effort to decorate them so they aren't so depressing and neutral. 

I absolutely appreciate that emergency rooms serve a function, but for those who are ill and waiting, or those just waiting for news of loved ones its a pretty dreary place. The only splash of a non-ugly colour was the red on the chair near the entrance with the blood-soaked towel that sat on it for three hours. 

Its very crowded and the chairs were set up theatre style so you were always straining your neck to talk to anyone with you. There is no comfort to be found in the hard plastic chairs. I was thinking some cheery wallpaper or even some of those amazing cutouts you can stick on walls nowadays to create scenes. Something to look at that. 




1 comment:

  1. Maybe more decorations means more to sterilize? Or they don't want to overdecorate and upset other people in the E.R.? I don't know! I would want it to be decorated to some degree, too. Just for comfort's sake.

    Shawna's Study Abroad

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING

THANKS FOR VISITING
Please sign up to receive future updates