April 9, 2009

Here are some pics of how I transformed my parents pouch shabby chic style (continuing on from my previous blog) for my sister's birthday.

So my parents have had this swinging pouch seat for at least 10 years and it is definitely a little worse for wear. 

Now the staples of shabby chic are clean, comfortable and pretty (IMO) so I rummaged through the sheet cupboard and grabbed every floral pillowcase (and pillow insert) I could find. 

Considering my time constraints meant I only about 20 mins to spend on this I quickly covered the padded green cover with a floral sheet and then put floral covers on all the other cushions. I placed these on the seat and against the back to make it more soft and welcoming. 

I used a lace curtain and a soft rug to drape and hide some of the frame and also to soften the look.  

The final effect


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING

THANKS FOR VISITING
Please sign up to receive future updates